Perfect Thanksgiving, Perfect Family Home
We loved this article on “19 Reasons Why New Homes Trump Old Houses“. And some of those reasons are exactly why we are in the new home construction business.
At Greg Welch Construction, we believe in building a higher quality, more energy efficient, livable home. While we love the 19 reasons for a new home listed below, we have a list of our own reasons why a new GWC home is better, and it includes:
- Energy efficiency standards and sustainability practices that exceed recommendations.
- Homes built for Central Oregonians with the Bend, Oregon, lifestyle in mind.
- Floorplans built for livability – be it a family, empty-nester, young couple, single person, outdoorsman, or retiree.
- Neighborhoods with modern amenities and new ideas about community such as the mixed use community of Northwest Crossing, or the resort golf community of Tetherow.
- Homes that will last a lifetime due to thoughtful design, classic interiors, and long-lasting sustainable materials.
What other reasons are people investing in new homes? Lots of reasons…
Here are the features that successful builders say they use to take aim at resales:
- Greater energy efficiency.
- Lower operating costs.
- Brand-new appliances and building products.
- Compliance with modern building codes for greater safety and efficiency.
- Warranties on products and workmanship.
- Higher ceilings.
- Larger, more open rooms.
- Customization: owner’s choice of colors, finishes and floor plans.
- No need to renovate or remodel.
- Less maintenance.
- Fewer repairs.
- Fire safety features.
- More and newer technology.
- No unknowns as far as damage or maintenance problems.
- Less formal layouts.
- Less wasted space.
- More storage space.
- Specialty rooms like second laundry rooms and pocket offices.
What do you think are the advantages to buying a new home. Share with us!